P4 programmable Ethernet switch Bare-Metal Hardware
The MBF-P4032X/P4065X P4 programmable Ethernet switch based on Intel Tofino service solution is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers. In a 1RU (32X)/2RU (65X) form factor, the switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across the 32/65 x QSFP28 ports, supporting up to 32/65 x 25/40/50/100 GbE connections. The MBF-P4032X/P4065X can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 25/50 GbE to servers with 40/50/100 GbE uplinks, or as a spine switch supporting 40/50/100 GbE spine interconnects. This open network switch is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System soſtware.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center fabric.
- Designed with programmable Tofino switch silicon from Barefoot Networks.
- Deploys as top-of-rack or spine switch supporting 25 GbE to servers, with 40, 50 or 100 GbE uplinks.
- Deploys as spine switch supporting 40, 50, or 100 GbE ToR and spine interconnects.
- 32/65 x QSFP28 switch ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE, 1 x 50 GBE, or 1 x 40 GbE, or via breakout cables, 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE.
- Layer 2 or Layer 3 switching capacity of 6.4 (32X)/12.8 (65X) Tbps (full duplex).
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power airflow SKU.
- All ports on front; PSUs and fans accessible from rear.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant AC or 48V DC PSUs.
- 4+1/9+1 redundant, hot-swappable fan modules.
- Switch pre-loaded with diagnostics and with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commercial NOS offerings.
- Compatible with SONiC open source network soſtware.
|1 Console port
||10 PSU 2
|2 System LEDs
||11 Hot-swappable 4+1/9+1 redundant fans
|3 32/65 x 100G QSFP28 ports
||12 RS485 1 (reserved)
|4 Port indicators
||13 RS485 3 (reserved)
|5 Debug port (UART)
||14 RS485 2 (reserved)
|6 Management port
||15 GPIO 1 (reserved)
|7 USB storage port
||16 Grounding screw
|8 40/100 breakout mode LEDs
||17 PSU 1
|9 Product label
32/65 x QSFP28 ports. Each port supports 1x25/40/50/100 GbE or 4 x 10/25 GbE per port using breakout cables
Management ports on port side:
1 x RJ-45 serial console
1 x RJ-45 1G BASE-T management
1 x USB Type A storage
- Barefoot Tofino BFN-T10-032D (Dual pipeline) (32X) /
- Barefoot Tofino BFN-T10-064Q (Quad pipeline) (65X)
- No PHYs, No Retimers
- Intel x86 Broadwell-DE, Pentium D-1517
- 8 GB SO-DIMM DDR4 RAM
- 16 MB SPI Flash
- 128 GB M.2 SSD
- Switching Capacity: 6.4/12.8 Tbps
- Forwarding Rate: 4.7/9.5 Bpps
- Jumbo frames support up to 9216 Bytes
- Packet Buffer Size: 20 MB (32X)/22 MB (65X) integrated packet buffer
- Physical and Environmental
32X: 440 x 509 x 44 mm (17.32 x 20.03 x 1.73)
65X: 440 x 509 x 87 mm (17.32 x 20.03 x 3.42)
32X: 10.005 kg (20.05 lb)
65X: 14.275 kg (31.47 lb)
- Fans: hot-swappable 4+1/9+1 redundant fans
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity: 0% to 95% non-condensing
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 10,000 feet
- Switch is loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) soﬅware installer
- Compatible with ONL and SONiC soﬅware
- QSFP28 Port LEDs: Link Status, Activity, Rate
- Ethernet Management Port LED: Link Status, Activity
- Console Port LED: Link Status
- System LEDs: Diagnostic, Locator, PSU and Fan Status
- PSUs: 2 redundant, load-sharing, hot-swappable AC/DC
- Input Voltage: 90 to 240 VAC at 50-60 Hz
P4 programmable Ethernet switch MBF-P4032X
P4 programmable Ethernet switch MBF-P4065X